Up to two undergraduate scholarship awards are available in amounts up to $500. All scholarship awards will be made payable directly to the accredited college or university.
1. Applicants must be applying to an accredited college or university.
2. Applicants must be a child of an active duty police officer or a retired officer in good standing.
3. Applicants must be US citizens.
The LOCO Blue Scholarship Awards are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. The Lorain County Blue Foundation will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
To be considered for a LOCO Blue Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to Lorain County Blue Foundation by July 21st. The application must include:
1. A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
2. Three letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher or school official.
3. An official high school transcript for the last two years including GPA (minimum required cumulative GPA of 3.25).
4. Student Essay
a. Any topic
b. No less than 500 words
c. Grammar, spelling and creativity will be considered
5. A list of Community Service involvement
All five of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered. Selection will be based on all of the above mentioned criteria. The applicant’s writing ability, creativity and originality will all be considered when it comes to their student essay.